Monday, March 28, 2011

"A Clean, Well-Lighted Place"


Looking back at the blog and other stuff I've written, it all seems the same.

So I guess I'm in a rut.

Shit.

At least it's a comfortable place to be, as long as you don't think too hard about it. It's the kind of comfort in knowing that you've done it all before and, at least for a while, will continue to, but nothing really new and interesting ever comes out of a rut, so I guess I  should try to climb out.

So I can finally write something useful.

So I can feel better about everything, and finally get a good look around.

So I can stop looking at my feet when I walk.

So that I can take people seriously when they compliment me, and not worry when I hear laughing.

And maybe stop feeling so stressed.

Or self-concious.

Or embarrassed about things I said years ago.

But maybe it's not like that.

Maybe getting away from the routine means just that, and nothing else.

And it is warm down here.

And safe.

And comfortable.

And I should really get to work on some of the stuff down here.

I was thinking about bringing in a futon so I could have a couch and a bed.

Plus I have all this homework to do.

I think I'll just stay here for a while.

It's a pretty nice place.

No comments:

Post a Comment